Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We're Back.

We would have been back yesterday but with more house guests, a request for a trip to Target (twist my arm) and a computer that had a mind of it's own I had to let it go. So here we are back on track.

And yes, we finally completed #7 . If I'm going to be totally honest it was a little dark for what I had in mind at first. But having lived with it for a week + I like it alot now.  I've already been scouting fabric for curtains (but that's not on this year's list so it is also not a priority - there's no harm in looking).


Here is the dining room before in all it's chaotic glory
 ( I also sew in here which makes it 10x more chaotic)...


Prepping...


During... 


Posing...


and after.


A couple of notes at this point - I plan on taking down those dated curtain rods and replacing them with black rods instead, reframing the artwork (brought back from a gallery in Australia by G.) in black gallery frames and possibly rematting them and I always wanted to make small pillows for each of the parson dining chairs, but again, maybe next year.

This is the fabric I'm considering for the curtains.
Also want to try to make an area rug I saw here with this canvas.

I designed this buffet (below) and had it made by a furniture maker with wonderful results. It really didn't cost much more than a store bought item and it came with all of my specs (fits perfectly under the window) and customization (drawers, metal feet). Well worth it in my opinion. It houses our fancier glassware, an extra set of silverware and many other various item ( too many to name). I placed these books here to get them out of Iris's reach but really like how it looks and will probably keep it like this.






Yes those swollen wood doors and ugly fan are due to the fact that we don't have air conditioning (mountain weather suits us just fine).

2012's To Do List is just dying to get out.


2 comments:

  1. I've been dying to see the results! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. And thanks for all your help. I should have given you a shout out.

    ReplyDelete