Friday, September 16, 2011

Random things...

Almost another week has gotten away from me without blogging. 
We made our last trip to the shore.
 Our usual last stop is to Ocean City, NJ. 
It's so nice after Labor Day. No beach tags needed. No crowds. It's just right.
Next year I want to get a house there for a week so we can really unwind and enjoy the seaside environment.
24 hours just isn't enough time. Especially with a baby. No sooner have you set up a pack and play, the mobile highchair and whatever else you need, it's time to pack it all up and leave.
Exhausting.
We did manage some beach time and a walk on the boardwalk.
Even a trip to Mack and Manco's Pizza. 
If you're not familiar with them, it's like a boardwalk institution.
It really is the best pizza ever!


Iris was gettin' jiggy with Uncle Ricks birch beer.


I even learned a new game. Mexican Train Dominoes. So fun!



Now I'm preparing for Iris's birthday party.
I finished the invitations.
Barely.



I also completed a little project in the midst of chaos. 
I saw this on pinterest and happened to have two strands of lights that I wanted to do something with but wasn't sure what. 

They were left over from our wedding (5 1/2 years ago). They have 8 different settings. Some, seizure inducing. I had my BFF Danielle collect 2 large glass olive jars for me from her work. I washed them, soaked and scraped the labels off and inserted the lights. Easy.


It adds just a little extra light and whimsy in my workspace.

I have to confess that part of my erratic blogging is due to a certain nugget that does not sleep through the night (even though she's a year old).
I wouldn't even mind if it was one (or even 2) wake-ups a night.
It's more like 3 or 4.
Perfectly spaced out in 3 to 2 hour incriments.
That's an improvement from the 5-7 times a night.
I have had 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep maybe 5 times in a year.
Sometimes I just feel like I'm completely losing my mind.
Most of the time I feel like crying.
I know people who have had it alot harder than me.
I try to remind myself of that when I'm feeling particularly fragile.
I'll share more on that some other time.

Randomness.

No comments:

Post a Comment